Lip enhancement (Lip fillers and Lip Lift)
As we age, our lips lose volume and definition, which can make us look older than we are. Lip fillers can help to restore the natural shape and fullness of your lips, giving you a more youthful but still natural appearance.
Where And How Are Lip Fillers Injected?
A keen understanding of lip anatomy and the nuances of lip injection techniques is essential for producing flattering but natural appearing outcomes. Dr. Shannon S. Joseph specializes in delivering graceful and naturally beautiful results without looking like work was done.
- Filler placed into the body of the lips can provide rejuvenation and improve symmetry. The golden ratio of 1:1.6 (vertical height of upper lip : lower lip) is typically associated with youthfulness.
- The vermillion border of the lip is where the lips meet the surrounding skin. The central portion of the upper lip border is called the Cupid’s bow. Injecting along these structures, if done correctly, will provide definition to the lip margin.
- The raised vertical ridges connecting the nose to the upper lip at the peaks of the Cupid’s bow are the philtral columns, which tend to flatten with age. Injection into these structures will create more definition to the Cupid’s bow.
- The corner of the mouth is the oral commissure. These tend to turn downwards with age, causing a sad or angry appearance. Injecting at the oral commissures can help turn the oral commissures slightly upwards, reducing the “frowning” appearance.
- Lip filler may also be performed in combination with facial fillers elsewhere on the face and Botox injections to provide a harmonious improvement of aging changes of the whole face.
What Type of Lip Fillers Are Available?
Are Any Treatments Available for a Short Upper Lip?
A surgical lip lift is an excellent outpatient procedure that can improve the appearance of cupid's bow and allow for improved display of the upper teeth. This procedure can often be performed under local anesthesia, although twilight anesthesia can also be used.
Schedule a Consultation
At your personal consultation with Dr. Shannon S. Joseph and Dr. Andrew W. Joseph, our surgeons will take the time to listen to your goals, analyze the anatomy of your lips and face, and determine the exact areas of your lips that need treatment and the injection techniques that are most suitable for you. We take care of patients from Troy, Birmingham, Bloomfield Hills, West Bloomfield, Rochester Hills, Rochester, Auburn Hills, Madison Heights, and the rest of Metro Detroit and Southeastern Michigan. Contact us today to schedule a consultation!